Monday, June 23, 2014

Weekend Recap

First things first: No call from Ray. How do I feel about that? Honestly, who gives a eff? Okay I do but I’m not dwelling on it like I usually would have. People make time for what they chose too, I have to come to terms with that once and for all!
Next, Jake actually got a few conversations from me this weekend, for whatever reason he thinks I’m so special. I have not even done anything. Imagine if I actually put forth some effort! He would be head over heels; clearly it doesn’t take much to please him. Not going to dwell over him too much either.
Saturday I had gotten all dressed up and literally had NOWHERE to go. Kendall was going to a pleasure party and I hated those things. So I bailed on her and swung in Food Lions parking lot instead. I could not wait all day to see if Ray would show so I opted for some spicy “Wing Zings” in their bakery department. Now, if you have a Food Lion in your city, and feel free to thank me now, go there and try these little chicken wing sensations. They are so good and they cook them fresh. You get 10 for $4.53. Can’t beat that!
I got my chicken wings and swung by one of my BFFS house. We sat and talked and Instagram’ed for the remainder of the day before I decided to call it a night at 11:30. I decided to wash my hair since I was up, and the night ended on that note.
I did 8:00 service at church the next day and once Baby Boy got home, we went to the football field to watch my friend’s son practice. I was SO putting him in sports soon as he hit age 5. We all got Slurpee’s afterwards and then I got a text from one of Cam’s male cousins.
Cousin: Where is Mr. Baby Boy?
Me: Right here drinking a Slurpee
Cousin: We are all at Olive Garden. Are you going to be home later?
He listed himself, his mom, his dad, Cams sister, another aunt, her daughter, and a few more relatives of theirs as being present. I decided it might be better for me to just go to them so Baby Boy could see everyone at once. I never wanted them to feel like they weren’t a part of his life. Even though a lot of them didn’t make an effort I definitely did when I could. Cousin said that would be perfect so I busted a U-turn and headed to the restaurant.
It was definitely a big dinner event when we arrived, and after pleasantries, it was not even that bad. I planned on saying hey, a few hugs and leaving, but we ended up staying for hours. Cam’s sister and I weren’t friends but we hung out on occasion because we had boys the same age. Sometimes we did things together and sometimes with the boys. She got Baby Boy a lot for sleepovers, and she really was a sweet person, probably one of my favorite family members of his.  She was not consistent though; sometimes we would see her every other weekend, then maybe not again for another month or two, my only pet peeve with her.
After everyone had eaten, we took a bunch of pictures and let the kids run around. It was a good time I will admit. However, I could not help but think of Cam. He never would have done this. For one he would not have had the money to go out to dinner. Just saying. In addition, for two he was always complaining about his family drama. His aunt had invited us to a cookout a few weeks ago and he hung up on her. He had claimed he was mad because she had said something behind his back. So, he wasn’t as family oriented as he could have been and I didn’t like that at all. They did have a lot of drama, but what families do not? Doesn’t mean we can’t get together every once and a while to catch up and be merry!
After I got back home and got my kid into bed I sent Cam a Facebook message and told him I got together with his family. I also told him his cousin was expecting a baby. Turns out that is what the big dinner was all about. He read the message but never responded. Bitter much?

No comments:

Post a Comment