Tuesday, June 10, 2014

And then there was Jake.

Ok I think I have the solution to these issues with the grammar. I can’t post as much, I’ve been trying to get something in every day or at least every other day but honestly if I do once or twice a week I can slow down. At this point, I’m rushing to just get it in there. Moreover, let us be real my life isn’t THAT adventurous that something is happening 24/7….this week anyway!

Cam wants to take me out. I said ok but I was just being nice. We have not really spoken much since they all came back into town and this morning he texted me and just said he wanted to do something with me for my birthday, and then something with me, him, and Baby Boy before he left. Leave? To go where? That is how he operates though, he thought I would ask, but I did not. I played it cool and just said a simple “Ok”. I am NOT feeding into his crap, wherever he is headed good riddance.
He was kind of irritated that I didn’t come straight home with Baby Boy yesterday but we went and hung out a little, and in all honestly it was a extra 30 minutes from when we usually get home. So he ended up leaving and going somewhere (again didn’t ask) and this morning he was whining:
“I waited for mad long for you all to get home”.
Blank stare from me.
“You took him to play or something?” Cam asked.
“No, we stopped at a few stores and came right back here, I didn’t know I had a curfew to get home from work” I hissed.
“I mean I was just waiting for y’all and I didn’t know so I ended up leaving” he replied.
I’m still lost on the waiting part. For what? In addition, is this not 2014, there are things called phones if you want to know where we are, sheesh.
Ok so there is this guy. We went to high school together. He hung with a popular crowd and, when I think back on it, he probably played basketball with Brian (the high school sweetheart). However, he is like big and goofy. His name is Jake. I have NEVER paid Jake any mind whatsoever, and once we got older I heard he got a good job, nice car, an all of a sudden girls are flocking to him. Go Jake!
Still didn’t pay him any mind, I wasn’t in town anyway at that point I still lived miles away and was in college obsessing over Eden I’m sure. So anyway, earlier this year, I’m at happy hour looking down right sexy in an all-white ensemble and somehow I grab Jakes attention. Everyone, and I mean everyone, will assume I’m stuck up, until they get to know me and they are like “You are SO different from what I thought!” You all probably think I come off that way too. But you can ask any friend I have and even my foes and they will tell you I’m the funniest, most laid back girl you could ever meet. But being called stuck up is the story of my life and Jake was no exception.
This particular night he told my friend that precise thing. So when I turned out to be so much fun that night he was shocked and spent all night trying to get my attention. He was telling my friends, his friends, and anyone who would listen that he wanted to talk to me. How old are we now? Why not just tell me? I’m glad he didn’t though I wasn’t thinking about Jake one bit. Honestly, I did not want to be seen in public with Jake. He’s nice, but he’s known for being a pushover and girls taking advantage of him and I did not want people thinking I was a little gold digger, I have enough problems these days. I am hesitant about dating anyway because I never announced my divorce so many people still assume I’m married. That’s all I need is for someone to see me out and go running telling someone else im “cheating”.
One night me, Kendall, and another friend were at Fridays. So since I had a group I invited him up. It was cool, a little awkward, still didn’t like him though. But we hung out nonetheless, and I didn’t have to do it alone. The next day he tells me “I bought you a Michael Kors watch, I thought it would look good on you”.
I immediately tell him I can’t accept it, that’s too much too soon, and kind of freaking weird too. Therefore, he takes it back, only to buy another one a few weeks later. I do not take that one either but he does take my other friend and I out to this seafood restaurant “Captain Georges”. After that I fell back from Jake I didn’t like him in that way and plus I was coming out of a divorce I didn’t have time to focus on him honestly. But this week he hits me and is asking about my birthday and what I wanted. I’ve been telling everyone whose asked a Macy’s gift card because I went crazy on Michael Kor sandals this spring and now I want all the bags to match. So he asks me to send pictures of the ones I like. There are like 5-7 bags ranging from $148-$398 so I’m hesitant but curiosity gets the best of me so I send them and his reply was:
“I’ll just get them all you will have it by Friday”
No effing way! Like why? I mean I know he likes me but you are basically making yourself accessible to be used when you do stuff like that. I’m not going to keep saying no. I was honest, I said I didn’t want any relationship and we could be friends. He said ok and still wants to do it so who am I to shut it down? Happy Birthday to Jaycee! I’ll let you know how this all goes down on Friday……………

4 comments:

  1. Just a tip, looks like you were calling him Jake then you called him James.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Ill fix it, Jake is actually his real name lol

      Delete
  2. I don't like that she is using Jake. Makes her unlikable. Why lead someone on and accept expensive gifts just because you can?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. :( I addressed this in the latest post, just so everyone could see just in case they dont read the comments. Let me know what you think! And thanks for being honest!

      Delete