Tuesday, June 17, 2014

Birthday Girl! Pour it up, Pour it up!!

Yayyyyy Happy Birthday to me! This is probably going to take a few post but I'm going to start from the top. Ready? Set? Gooooo!

Friday morning I woke up in a ball of nerves. And it wasn't because all my friends were touching down that day. It was job interview day. I had been tossing and turning all night. I dont know why I get that nervous, but it happens. I jumped out of bed and asked Cam to get baby boy ready for daycare. He was in one of his moods I guess and instead of even letting him get on my bad side I just did it myself and left to drop him off. I got back home in record time and spent my last hour before the interview "studying" potential questions. 
The interview went........ shoot I have no clue I guess we will find out how it went when I get a job offer huh? But thats over with and it was time for birthday fun FINALLY. 

I went to my closet and pulled out the MACYS bag and thought back to the day before. My mom and I had went to get pampered and had a spa day. We decided to go see my aunt and as I pulled up Jake calls.

"Hey I have your bag, I have work tonight so where can I drop it" he asked. 

I knew it was coming by now I had a decision to make, to take or not to take? Jake noticed my hesitance and spoke again "It's just a birthday gift, I wanted to do it trust me".

So I did. Call me all the bad names now but I took the bag. It wasnt the highest one (Thank you Lord) he got me the MK Crossbody bag, and its adorable. He left his receipt in the bag so I dont know if that was tacky or not. But hey some of you will think Im tacky for accepting it, I'm human! It was a whopping $156 bag. Which isn't the most expensive by far but its also not a regular birthday gift. I get that. We will work on my Birthday etiquette at a later date.... promise!

Any who Friday was here and my first friend that touched down was Wendy from New Jersey. Me and Wendy had met in college and she was a firecracker but a ball of fun. Her mouth was just as slick as mines and she was one of Baby Boys god mothers. She never missed an event or holiday, she was awesome all the way across the board. Next up was Mya, she lived in D.C and we had also met in college. Mya delivered babies..... how cool is that? She is the sweetest person ever and was my roommate in college. She hands down was the best roomie ever. My other BFF Dani, of course, was late, so we began to get dressed and headed to meet Kendall and the rest of the gang at the happy hour location.

Now let me put my disclaimer: I surprise myself every single time I have an event. I always question whether people will show up. I mean I'm a good person and I know that by it warms my heart each time my friends show me how much they appreciate our friendship. With that said about 50 of my friends and associates showed up that night. We ate, drank, and were merry. And then I saw Cam.

Im not gonna leave a cliffhanger but I was pissed. He was with my brother too. I continued to take Instagram flicks with my friends and tried to block him out before he blew my high. Because it was a given that he would in fact do that. 

Low and behold about 15 minutes later I hear someone whispering in my ear "So is that your new friend you talk to?" My blood instantly boiled. I will go down in history and state that 75 percent of the reason Cam and I broke up has to do with his insecurities. He's suspicious of EVERYONE and in his mind females should never ever like ever have a male friend. I rolled my eyes and ignored him. Honestly I didnt even know who he was referring too. There were a ton of guys I went to high school with. None of which I've ever dated so screw Cam and his effed up mentality. My brother ended up telling me they were even suppose to be there. My mom had let Cam use the car to drop my brother off at a friends and they cam pass. But it gets worst. They paid $25 to get in. You can pay $25 to get in a club to be nosey and see what Im doing but you can't give me 25 cents towards taking care of our child? Priorities are a non factor for Cam but Im sure none of this crossed his mind. Things like this are a major turnoff.

We had only planned to stay at the happy hour for 2 hours. But when I looked back at my phone it was midnight. We raced outside to head to another lounge. When we got outside Dani had showed up finally! She was with her boyfriend and a few of his friends. We all hopped in our cars and went to the next location. Me and Dani played catch up by taking shots, I couldve standed to let her do that alone. But I didnt! We laughed and danced and had a good time. Her boyfriend also had a birthday so he was celebrating as well. He had bought his best friend along for the fun. His name was Tahj. Tahj had Facebook'ed me the day before and kept it up all day. I had told Dani it felt flirtatious but he was still on the innocent side of the fence. He was a little weird but cute, and extremely nice. I wasnt trying to marry him or anything just taking notes. Tahj built airplanes but he was an artist as well. In my drunken state I sashayed  (probably stumbled) over to Tahj and danced with him for a few. 

It was really an awesome night. Cam hadnt followed us and the crowd had slimmed down by then. Everyone decided we should consume food so we headed out to breakfast afterwards and thats where I tapped out. They gave me Birthday ice cream and cake and the laughs continued. So far there had been no drama and everyone was saying how much of a good time they were having. Too bad that didnt last......

No comments:

Post a Comment