Wednesday, June 18, 2014

Birthday Part 2

That night was all a blur and as we all filtered to Kendall’s house my phone started to blow up. Kendall had offered to let all my out of town friends crash at her house since she had the space. So, it was going to be one big sleepover. Bonus: Cam would not be there!
I rubbed my eyes and glanced at my phone an saw it was Dante. Dante was a newbie. I had met him in February. We knew OF each other but we did not know each other, and somehow we were already friends on Facebook. So in February I was out celebrating a birthday with a friend and we saw each other and briefly spoke. Well he went out his way which I thought was weird but we were leaving so I brushed it off. I don’t know how long it was after but he eventually Facebook’ed me and we chatted for a bit before he asked for my number. He lived in a different state and was only in town about once a month for work. So all we ever did was hit and misses for a while.
This particular night he asks can he stop by to say Happy Birthday. I’m thinking he could just say it on the phone but I’m a little tipsy so I say what the heck and he beats me to Kendall’s. I made sure everyone got in, settled, and waltzed back outside. I got inside his truck and for a while we just talked about my night, an then he tried to get all romantic on me.
“We should just sit out here and watch the sunrise” Dante suggested.
“For what?” I asked, I was sleepy it was already 4 in the morning I wasn’t watching anyone’s sunrise, or so I thought.
We actually got into a deep conversation and I started to get to know him outside of our random texts and calls about nothing. He was Muslim, I’m a Christian. I don’t get into religion debates with people and I was glad he wasn’t debatable about his as well. He did not have kids or anything, versus me having Baby Boy, but he wanted plenty. Me on the other hand,  I think I’m good with one. A loud voice in the street made me jump and I looked over to see Dani racing to the truck. She grilled Dante for about 10 minutes an warned him he better not pull off with me in the truck before her boyfriend came outside to get her. Before I knew it the freaking sun had come up, it was 7 a.m.! I didn’t even know I had that much “talk” in me. I hugged Dante and told him I really had to go. Dante was actually really cool, and I kind of liked him so I sent him a text and told him so.
His reply was: I LIKE YOU A LOT TOO, NO “KIND OF” INVOLVED.
Needless to say I didn’t sleep too much that morning, I had hopped in Kendall’s bed with her but by 9:26 we were back up. I needed to check on Baby Boy and I wanted everyone up and dressed by 11, because the wine festival was starting then and noon was the latest I wanted to arrive.
We made it to the wine festival and had a blast and went shopping an next up was a comedy show featuring a famous comedian. I was so stoked because at the end of the night, he posed with me solo and he put up a Instagram picture of me and all my friends! I felt like a million bucks. We went to a local bar after that on a strip and decided to indulge in some shots. That got the party started and we ended the night with a bang.
Judge us if you want, but we got up an got the kids and headed to church first think Sunday morning, afterwards we decided to have a Birthday Fish Fry for me before everyone left. Good idea right? That’s where EVERYTHING went wrong………………….

No comments:

Post a Comment