Wednesday, July 30, 2014

Todd & Company

I think we all know I’m very naïve when it comes to guys. On that note, I have been holding out. But I have a good reason, there really wasn’t anything to write about, but now I think I should mention him…… or them.

Let’s take it back to the 1990’s. I’m in 8th grade and there’s this boy. I’m super skinny and awkward, but cute and super shy when it comes to guys. The guy is Todd and he’s one of the “bad” boys. He runs with a rough crowd and they are unruly. Me and Todd began to talk on the phone and by the time I’m in high school he’s my “boyfriend”. I didn’t know a darn thing about a boyfriend, but I knew I loved Todd and we told each other so every night, and even played the “No you hang up….. no you hang up…. okay hang up on 3” game. How adorable -_-

Meanwhile Kendall was super UN-shy. She was running wild sleeping with boys and being fast in high school. I was the lucky duckling that had to accompany her to these outings. I had total freedom. I could do whatever I please as long as my mom knew where I was and whom I was with.

She had no reason not to trust me, I was scary as crap. Kendall,on the other hand, household was strict as crap, so she unfortunately rebelled. I was her alibi, and I never minded because her stories were like a gut pulling steamy novel for my young 14 year old ears. Tish was the same way but that’s for another time.

Anywho, Todd and Kendall were neighbors so we saw each other all the time. There was a carnival coming to town and Kendall’s latest boy toy wanted us all to go. So we met at his house and his Dad took him, me, Kendall, Todd, and probably some others I can’t remember down to the carnival. He came back and got us and let us out a block away from Kendall and Todd’s house. It began to rain and Todd pulled me into a covered bushy area. He grabbed me around my waist and I immediately got scared and looked around for Kendall but she was nowhere in sight. He turned my head towards his and before I could react, he stuck his tongue in my mouth. I had never kissed a guy before an I was clueless. However, Todd kept at it until I got the groove of it all. I decided I liked it and got really into it. Then I stopped abruptly. I didn’t want to get pregnant or anything! Yes, I was that gullible at 14 that I thought kissing could make babies. SMH, poor Jaycee.

Todd took my hand and we walked towards their houses.

Todd wanted to kiss all the time after that and so did I. He wanted to meet at my locker and all of the fast stuff I saw Kendall doing an at first I wanted no parts, but I eventually gave in the summer of our freshman year going into our sophomore year when I turned 15.

Kendall had the bright idea that we should be Junior Varsity football managers for our high school. She saw an opportunity to meet some top quality boys and be one of the only girls around. I saw this as an opportunity to be picked on and uncomfortable. Nevertheless, as usual I went along with my cousin’s plan. So all summer we were on the field passing out water bottles and towels, well Kendall was. I spent most of my time driving the golf cart knocking crap over. I did not care about those darn boys. I was in love.

One summer day during lunch Kendall decided we were going to one of the boys house, Todd hung out there and they both talked me into it. As usual Kendall got ghost as soon as we got to the house, I hated when she did that. Todd was there though at least and I trusted him as he led me upstairs to a bedroom. Reality kicked in, we were teens in a house alone, ish was about to go down. I loved Todd though and kept telling myself that.
“You ready for this” he asked me.

I don’t know if I answered or not I was so freaking nervous. What I do know is my pants and panties were off, and Todd was between my tiny legs pushing his way in. No condom, no nothing, I was so dumb back then.

God was watching me or his angels because no matter what Todd did my little virgin vagina wouldn’t let him enter me. Before long Kendall banged on the door and said we had to leave. Todd accepted defeat, we left after that, and boy was I relieved! I don’t remember too clearly how me and Todd fell off, but I had other high school boyfriends after that.
Back to 2014. Todd is back! Technically, he never left; we kept in contact sort of throughout the years. He started having kids wayyyyyyyy before me and I think he’s on kid #5! He always checked in every blue mood and very randomly. Then when I first moved back home I was at my friend Raven’s house (she’s the one who I think is getting played by her boyfriend, and is a new mom). Apparently him and Raven were “dating” and “effing”. I wondered if she knew about our puppy love romance from the 90’s? So, I casually bought it up one day. Me and Raven hadn’t been friends back then an I didn’t want Todd, I was married, so it was no big deal really.

Raven was doing bad this year and Todd was really helping her out. He had matured and had his own place and a good job (he needed it with five kids). So he had been spoiling Raven all summer in exchange for her cooch, my rationality.

They fell off and she was evicted and eventually got with her now kid’s father. I’m off topic. Todd hit me on Facebook a few weeks ago and asked was I still married. I told him a simple no and we went back and forth for a while. He kept asking for my number and I kept saying why?

“I don’t want nothing from you girl, dang you act like we weren’t friends, I haven’t hit you cause I was respecting your marriage” he fussed.
Only reason I was skeptical is that one of his friends had also been Facebooking me. It felt like a set up. His friend had requested me on Instagram and FB some months ago and always “liked” my posts. But, I didn’t know him from Adam. So now, here Todd goes out the blue. This couldn’t be a coincidence.

“Give him the number girl Todd is harmless!” my bff had said and eventually I did. He’s been hitting me up ever since but he was always regular, nothing was out the way. One Saturday night, on my way home from Ladies Night with the girls, I went to see him and we sat outside talking for a few hours. At 3a.m, we called it quits. But, it was good catching up and like she had said he was harmless and extremely funny.

His friend was still around too. We never exchanged numbers, just FB messaged on the regular to kill time, on my end anyway.

Too sum this up I did tell Todd about his friend hitting me up but he brushed it off like “Why you telling me?” Therefore, I brushed it off as well. The other night we were texting about him wanting a home cooked meal and it went something like this:

Todd: Someone got you pregnant, and you can’t cook!?
Me: lol yup, I can do basics I just can’t throw down.

Todd: Are you explaining your sex game?
Me: Why are you such a effin hater lol stop throwing shots I’m not into playing catch

Todd: Shade
Me: If your sex game was up to par maybe you would have had home cooked meals by now, I’m just saying. From what I remember you had……………. Issues lmbooooo

Todd: It wouldn’t fit, don’t do that, I was trying to run up in you like a crash dummy
Me: Someone else’s eventually fit so it was definitely your issues

Todd; I was young I ain’t know about lube and all that, is it still tight or nah?
Me: You ain’t gotta explain it to me, Wasn’t meant to happen, I would’ve regretted it, you turned into a rude tail lol

Todd: Maybe I wouldn’t have………
Me: Like you said, you were young

Todd: I’m a grown rude ass lovable nigga…………… let me love you
Me: You just made me spit my water out from laughing, quit your shenanigans please

Todd: Guess you ain’t feeling the kid
Todd plays too much and I told him so, but for some reason I don’t think he was playing! Maybe it was the text that came next……………….

No comments:

Post a Comment