Saturday, July 12, 2014

T..G.I.F..... and then I woke up


I may have to retract my statement of always saying “I drink on occasion”. Unless the weekends are now considered an occasion, cause I’ve been DRANKIN!
Okay so last I chatted with you all I was all caught up I believe. That evening my friend Tish had called. She wanted details on who I had been laid up with in the hotel earlier that week. I had not told my friends who I was with but I had posted pictures of me lounging in the Jacuzzi and they weren’t selfies, so Tish wanted answers. I told her to swing by and she ended up coming by later that night as I was finally unpacking from my trip.

I was genuinely happy to see Tish; I did not see her as much as I wanted because none of my other friends liked her. We had all been friends at one point but everyone had a falling out over random things, including me and Tish, even Tish and Kendall! At least us 3 had let bygones be bygones and she was one of my besties nowadays.

I caught her up on everything with Cam and told her about Dante. He had been calling me nonstop so I decided to answer while Tish was there, so she could be my excuse to get off the phone. Before I could shake him, he invited himself over and me and Tish were standing outside her car by the time he pulled up.
Let me just first say Dante BLEW me that night. For one he was high. I always assumed he was high whenever I did see him because he laughed a lot and was always acting a little off. However, I shrugged it off usually. Tonight I could definitely tell and Tish could too. We both called him out on it and of course, he just laughed. I’m not judging him or anyone else who partakes, but to me smoking period is such a freaking turn off. I do not like it whatsoever. We let Dante entertain us for about an hour before I noticed it was after 11 p.m. I told them I was heading in for bed and Tish took off, but for some reason Dante lingered around. Had he not heard me? He tried to make small talk but I shut that down and left him outside with my brother, who had pulled up. They happened to know each other and I took that as my exit.

What put the nail in the coffin was yesterday. Kendall is a manager at a car rental place and she’s use to people asking for discounts and despises it. She will hook up her friends and me of course, and even people she talks to on the regular. But not random people, which I understand. So, Dante called and the conversations goes a little something like this.
Dante: Hey…… you should tell Kendall hook me up with a rental car, I’m sick of driving this work truck and I don’t have car insurance.

Let us pause here. He CLAIMS he has a car back in the state he lives in, yet you don’t have car insurance? That doesn’t add up at all. Moving on.
Me: She is not going to do that, she hates when people ask her for favors that she doesn’t know.

Dante: You have car insurance right?
Me: Ummm yeah, most people with sense who have cars usually do.

Dante: You should get it for me then.

Me: She’s not going to do that, she knows I don’t need a rental car.
Dante: So lie, and make something up, cause you have insurance so you could prob get it right?

Me: Hold on for a second I have a beep.
*CLICK*
Was he serious? I do NOT know you like that for one. For two that’s bold to even tell me you don’t have insurance and then think I’m going to lie to my cousin for you, putting her job at a disadvantage, and then put myself at one by letting you hold a car in my name. It’s a wrap for Mr. Dante. That was turn off number 2 and that is two too many. He called yesterday while we were out and I brushed him off every time. Have a nice life pothead!

The rest of my Friday was good, I took a nice nap and headed to Fridays with three of my high school friends. If you haven’t heard they have endless appetizers for $10. You order one and you can keep them coming all night. The trick is you can only pick one appetizer BUT if there are a few of you, like there was of us, you can each pick something different and share. Hence, we shared and ate till our tummy’s looked 3 months pregnant. Good times!
Afterwards we decided to go to a club, we were all in casual wear but a few of our friends were inside including my other bestie Taylor, the Korean and black one. We got to the door and one of my friends doesn’t have her ID, turned out she left it in Fridays. I still ran inside the club to say hey to Taylor for about 10 minutes before taking the trip back to the restaurant. Afterwards we hit another bar and guess whose inside? Jake.

I can’t say I didn’t know he would be there, he had said the bar next door when he texted me earlier, which is why I went to the opposite one. Nevertheless, he had one up on me. I immediately did an about face. Jake hung out with two of my friends that I was with boyfriends. Therefore, they knew we were there. I did the “Wobble” with his best friend, who is actually cool and total opposite of him, he’s an sports agent. I still hadn’t ran directly into Jake though yet. We got some Apple shots and headed to the outside of the bar where we played the little beanbag toss games, and had some laughs. This was a predominantly white bar, which I loved. Some other bar goers were teaching me and my friend how to “correctly” play the game, when I noticed Jake noticing me. I was being childish I still didn’t go over and speak.
I went to check my phone and he had texted me.

Jake: I didn’t even know you were here.
Lies, he knew. I closed it and continued my antics. Meanwhile I had been flirting with Eden via text. Remember when I said I thought they girlfriend was pregnant because he posted a picture of them with a future date? Well, I was very wrong, they were song lyrics for one, and for two he posted it because she had went thru his phone and saw everything his little immature tail had been saying and doing with other chicks. After her investigation, she broke his phone, that’s why I had never heard back from him. I really thought that was dumb of her though.

My logic is this: Okay you want to search your guy’s phone, perfectly fine IF you plan on leaving him when you find what you are looking for. If you don’t, then why give yourself the headache and heartbreak?
Eden said there were pictures of girls and texts and everything, poor thing. I know seeing my name was probably the worst, she hates me, and my name is still tattooed across his heart till this day. And honestly when I looked back to see exactly what she may have read it looks like Eden is always trying to get with me an I’m always  saying “No Eden, you have a girlfriend leave me alone”. That had to feel like a punch in the gut to her.

It didn’t solve anything either, because now he’s just calling and texting from his work cell phone. He told me she has my number now because she screen shotted everything. I care not! I told him if she calls I’m telling the truth because she shouldn’t be questioning me about HER man. He had loyalty to you not me. If I wanted him in that way I’d have him so kick rocks. He responded “Yeah I agree, tell her everything, don’t leave anything out maybe that will make her leave for good”. Turn off, if you don’t want to be with her then break it off, stop being a wimp. Eden WANTS to be there or else he wouldn’t be. Simple as that.
I swear I haven’t fooled around with Eden though. I respect relationships for the most part. Sure we talk and everything, but that’s just us.

Okay, I lost focus. I did end up speaking to Jake, he had just finished buying some girl a drink at the bar. Can’t say that it bothered me at all, but it was humorous to watch. He hugged me and asked was I about to leave and I told him yes.
When I got home, I felt like 10 bricks were on my head, I glanced at my phone before I passed out. At some point I had texted Jake, this is why I shouldn’t drink. I was definitely tripping.

1:56 a.m
Me: SMH

2:00 a.,m.
Jake: Smh

2:02 a.m.
Jake: ?
2:02 a.m
Jake: Wassup

2:15 a.m.
Jake: Goodnight hope you made it home safe

2:45 a.m
Jake: Imma give you your bag tomorrow ok

This morning I woke up and slapped myself. I don’t even remember how or why this may have happened. The texts between Eden and me were even worst and raunchy as crap. No more drinking Jace.
Good morning folks………….. SMH

3 comments:

  1. I think you are right about Eden just being firm with his gf if he wants to break up. As a fellow mom I really want to suggest that you yourself are more firm with the guys in your life. I think it's important that you are able to firmly cut losers like Dante out of your life for the sake of your son. I have a baby boy too and I want him to grow up seeing his mom be brave and bold and set strong boundaries. Especially as he gets older I know that anyone in my life will affect him too. I hope you hear my heart in this as sisterly encouragement!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dont worry Dante is definitely gone.... I think im in this rebellious stage since my divorce is fresh and just having fun. Noone is around my son tho.... but I hear ya and thanks for sharing:) I am definitely a work in progress but Im going to ace this stage in life slowly but surely

    ReplyDelete
  3. I believe it! You are brave to share your life like this!

    ReplyDelete