Saturday, July 19, 2014

Friday Worked Out!


Last night ended up being fun. I was supposed to leave and go straight to the beach from work but I went home to shower first. Dante managed to finagle his way and stop by claiming, “I just wanted to see you that’s all” it’s a shame he’s a potential bum because he’s really cute. He puts me in the mind of Rev Run’s son “Diggy”. Adorable little thing right?

I headed to the beach and was immediately hit with bumper-to-bumper traffic. I cranked up Chris Brown’s “These Hoes Aint Loyal” (cause they aren’t) and danced my way through the trip. I hit the strip an immediately got excited as I saw all the crowds of people moseying up and down the strip. People were laughing and smiling and it was contagious. I found my cousins hotel and she met me outside.

We did one of those loud “OMGGGGGG IM SO GLAD YOU ARE HERE” screams, and hugged and laughed and went inside so she could freshen up. She had Angry Orchard beers and I happily grabbed one during my wait. We did swing thru the Meet-N-Greet for the family reunion before hightailing it out of there. We walked the strip until we fell upon a live band and DJ. Apparently, they were military and had their own little set up. They were playing the “Wobble” and me and my cousin jumped right in, they carried that into the “Cha-cha Slide” and the “Cupid Shuffle”. I loved line dances. What I loved even more was seeing people with no rhythm do them. Pure comedy.

We sauntered off the beach and I got a pepperoni pizza slice, while we decided which bar we were going to hop into. Being lazy, we decided on one right across the street. It was Ladies night so it was free. A group of white kids danced up next to us and one of the guys were really cool. He started to introduce himself and entertained us for a while.

“Hey this is going to sound crazy but can you do me a favor?” he asked my cousin.

We had all been chatting for a while and our last discussion was of his friend throwing up all over another female friend toes. She was pissed. It was three siblings (boy and 2 girls), one of the girls boyfriends, another female, and then our male we had taken too. The barfer (yuck yuck yuck) was 22 and it was his 1st time going out. Poor thing.

“What’s the favor?” my cousin asked.

“If Teach Me How To Dougie comes on…… can you actually teach me how to Dougie?” he asked seriously “People always think it’s a joke but I really want to learn.

We all busted out laughing but agreed to teach him if it did. My cousin had been throwing drinks down and I had opted not to drink since I had work the next day. We realized the crowd looked extremely young, and as soon as one of our new friends told us she was only 19, we booked it to somewhere that was at least 21 and up!

The second place was one we had visited when we came out for my birthday and it started slow before we started having a good time. There was one person who danced really well and took a liking to my cousin. No one ever cared about her ring……. which is probably why she always cheated, she didn’t either! SMH

His friend with him was more on the quiet side and after chatting I found out, he was a rapper. At first, I laughed it off; who wasn’t a rapper these days let them tell it? Then he showed me his Instagram page and some other things and turns out he was an up and coming rapper. We followed each other on Instagram and he sent me his latest song to check out, and I admit it was good. I was hype because when he finally made it big time I would be able to brag about him “commenting on my Instagram pics” lol. It is really the little things with me, but that was pretty cool!

The night ended after we danced it away. I looked super cute in a one-piece pantsuit or romper floral print from H&M, my MK black sandals, and a printed Marc Jacobs bag. That romper worked wonders on my petite frame, I wish I had gotten more now that I think back on it, shucks! I had my braids half up and half down with the front going to the side. I got comments all night, and after my Debbie Downer day I totally could have used them.

I decided to drive back home that night which was 30-45 minutes versus having to get up super early and I didn’t get in the bed until almost 3a.m. Needless to say my eyes were literally burning when my alarm sounded off at 6:30 this morning. I did make it in for overtime though and while I was here Baby Boy has made it back home!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! We are totally about to rock out the rest of this weekend and do whatever he wants!

Have a great weekend everyone and be blessed!

P.S. I got a number too J No need for details until it turns out to even be worth this mention J

No comments:

Post a Comment