Tuesday, September 2, 2014

NYC Labor Day Weekend!


New York City was great!

I’ll start from the top, I got there Thursday night and Wendy came and got me from the airport. We went back to her apartment in New Jersey and it’s so cute and artsy. It was not my first time there, we had been there for New Year’s Eve 2013 too but she had really spiced it up. She pulled out some wine and we got to sippin’ and chattin’ and before I knew it I was passed out and snoring. Kendall was on her way up driving and I did not even hear when she came in in the middle of the night.

We got up on Friday and took our time getting ready. Finally around 1 p.m. we headed to the city to meet my other friend from college Asia. Asia lives in Brooklyn, NY; we snatched her up and headed to a Spa. Surprisingly I have never been to a spa. Si I was super excited but that was short lived. Since it was Labor Day weekend, the massages and extra were super crowded. Therefore, we just hung around in the pools and Jacuzzis and took cute pictures. Kendall and Asia went in the nude pool area, which was an eye opener. Literally, I have never seen so many weird shaped people just gleefully whipping their clothes off and showing off those physiques. You go girls!

We headed back to Brooklyn and ended up at a bar that night. Kendall was heading to Philadelphia for a family event. Wendy got me a beer and the rest of the night was totally chill and fun. Eden had texted me earlier. He wanted to meet up, he lived in Yonkers. He wanted me to catch the subway to meet up with him in the city and I felt like why? I had come the longest you could come to me, we went back and forth about it forever before he finally had said that maybe Saturday would work out better and maybe we could do breakfast. That definitely was not happening. We did not get home until 4 a.m. to Asia’s place. I don’t know who told me I was 21 again but I had had a ball, a few guys hollered and its always good to know you still got it lol.

On Saturday we finally were dressed and back to life by 3 p.m. and my other friend Kara met up with us at Asia’s house. I met Kara in college too, Her and Eden had been good friends and she had been Dani’s roommate one year. We all walked to a pizza shop for beer and slices and caught up. Asia had to leave to go to a pre-planned event so Wendy and me went with Kara to one of her friends baby shower that I had met a few times before. It was so cute. We stayed there for a few hours. Eden had hit me up again and explained that he had been trying to get his family’s member’s car because taking the train to me would take about two hours. So what? All the time he had taken complaining about a train ride he could have been there and back. Earlier he had sent me a message his girlfriend had sent him too. It had basically said maybe they didn’t need to be together even though they loved each other because they wanted different things in life. I wondered why he had forwarded it to me, but it was Eden, I guess that was his way of proving to me he wasn’t lying about having trouble in paradise. Only problem was I didn’t care! Deacon had been doing the cutest things. He would send me a picture of flowers while I was away, and cute little text messages, but careful not to overdo it he would always say “Okay enjoy your trip with your friends, I just was thinking about you”. I was so use to guys questioning my every move so this was different. Nice different.

So on Saturday no Eden either. By Sunday, I was over it. He was still hitting me up so I decided to ignore him the rest of the trip. I didn’t need to hear excuses. You either were coming or you weren’t and at this point it was irrelevant. I didn’t come to see him anyway so no harm no foul. We went to Kara’s church that morning, and it was long but awesome. Afterwards we went to get more pizza slices and I found a Japanese restaurant that sold fried ice cream. We hung out with Asia and her family the remainder of the day before heading back to New Jersey, and on Monday I flew home. I scooped up Baby Boy and went home. He fell right out, so I grabbed lunch with Kendall who was back in town. We caught up about our weekends and I was back home in no time bored. Deacon texted me and invited me over, but I told him I had Baby Boy. No way was I ditching him and I had just gotten back. He had slept during my lunch so that worked out but now he was wide awake.

“He can come too,” Deacon had said.

“On my way” I replied. I headed over an I actually had a nice chill evening with him so I thought. However, when I got back home he texted me.

Deacon:  What’s up with you Jaycee. I guess what I mean is you are difficult to read..

Me: I am? You could always just flat out ask me what you want to know. You don’t have to try to figure me out.

Deacon: I’m not trying to figure you out that’s the weird thing. After talking in depth with you your personality managed to grab my attention.

Me: So what’s difficult about me then?

Deacon: You aren’t difficult as a person. You don’t mind chilling or going out. Do you do it because you are bored?

Me: Am I supposed to mind? Cant I just like your company?

I was getting highly annoyed by this text convo. Like what the eff was he trying to say already? I didn’t have the patience for this at all.

Deacon: Duh that should be the purpose behind it. And I was complimenting you on your willingness to just hangout and your diverse personality to go eat or just chill. I think you will go anywhere as long as you are being entertained. Lol

I wasn’t laughing.

Me: Ummm negative. That was my first time trying something I didn’t like to eat. In addition, I wasn’t being entertained tonight, it just flows. As long as I don’t feel awkward I’m lenient to what I will do, so it’s not about entertainment, If I wanted entertainment I can turn on VH1!

Deacon: You make me feel awkward, I know I enjoy your company and conversation.

Me: I make you feel awkward. That’s not good

Deacon: I know you have been thru a bit and I just want you to be happy for a change.

J Cute, but then I sent back like three paragraphs explaining that that’s life and how you go thru things, and I’m thinking I got really deep and all he responded was “Good night”. That pissed me off lol

But, he just texted me now actually, I’m about to tell him about himself, don’t have me typing my little heart away and then you barely respond! Hmmph!

No comments:

Post a Comment