Thursday, September 25, 2014

Chicken and Waffles!


It had to be the Devil that told me I should cook for Deacon. Had to be because it was sabotaged from jump. I’m no cooker BY FAR, but I’ve been known to master chicken and waffles. I had gotten a waffle maker as a wedding gift and every since whenever we had something and I was responsible for food it was my go to meal. So naturally, that’s what I offered to make.

Epic fail!

I had to go to the grocery store to get everything I’d need because I had just moved in, first thing that happened is I forgot my grocery list at work. No biggie, I went through the steps and picked up the things I would need as I cooked mentally. I got home, put everything away, and prepped. It was around 6 p.m. and Deacon was supposed to come at 7. Baby Boy was spending the night at my moms. By 6:30 I was done so I decided to go ahead and shower too. He wasn’t there by 7 or 7:15 and I hate lateness. Eventually he showed up around 7:20 with a King Sized TWIX bar in his hand. All was forgiven I had told him TWIX were my fave.

I went ahead and got started on the actual cooking and was happy when my waffle came out LOOKING absolutely perfect and golden. The chicken was doing something weird and not browning and looked super crispy. I went with it because maybe it was just because my grease was new. How the heck should I know Im Jaycee not Betty Crocker!

I told Deacon everything was done and finished my convo with my Dad I had started. I heard Deacon finish rather quickly and he went upstairs. I didn’t think anything of it until I joined him and he had major attitude.

“If you were going to throw something together you should have just not done it at all” he said to me calmly.

“I didn’t throw it together” I looked confused, “Was it not good……. Be honest?”

He gave it a little thought, and I figured he was trying to see should he really be honest with me or not, the latter part won “if you seriously serve that to people and they have told you it was good, then they are liars, it was terrible!”

WTF! I definitely didn’t expect that, I got embarrassed in .5 seconds. This was a first for me and I should’ve stayed in my non cooking lane. He went on to further dig my grave but I was busying myself trying to figure out “who the eff messes up waffles that cook themselves?”

“You know I do a lot for you, and I don’t mind it at all, just kind of hurts that you thought that was okay to do to me” he went on.

Well damn! That sucked. I got to work the next day and was telling my friend about it. It hadn’t ruined our night, we still had sex twice, but it had definitely bruised my ego.

“You’ve got to redeem yourself he probably thinks you can’t cook girl!” my friend said the obvious.

“Wench I can’t!” I fussed, she was pissing me off, and she was doing nothing wrong I was just mad I had embarrassed myself.

“Look cook BBQ chicken and rice, super easy” she started rattling all the directions. However, I didn’t like BBQ chicken and I wasn’t trying anything else I couldn’t taste test first, so screw that. I was scared straight to try ANYTHING again.

Any recipes y’all wanna throw my way, I’m in the hole and it’s DEEP! lol

5 comments:

  1. He's acting like a child. I don't understand how that's an okay reaction from him. You never tried the food yourself? So you were talking to your dad the whole time and he ate alone? I'm all types of confused. And the more connected you feel to Deacon, the less I like him. He's becoming a straight up ass.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nope never tried it and I didnt eat because for ehatever reason my appetitie sucks these days so I only fixed enough for him. My Dad called and I was talking to him while Deacon was eating, the whole time, Prob rude of me, but we were discussing Cam so it got long winded. He DOES do nice stuff tho, I just focus on the BIG ish, maybe i should explain him more in detail maybe?

      Delete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I don't deny he does nice things for you. It is tough when we don't know the WHOLE story. Bc right now, I'm not a fan. At first I wanted to shake you n be like, "hellooooo!" I was a big fan of him. I'm gonna read your other post now

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lol at shake me! No you may have a point, cause Im definitely telling it as it is, just the little things he does I never mention, and the little things count :) SHAKE ME WHEN NECESSARY PLEASEEEEEEEEEEEEE!

      Delete