Monday, August 18, 2014

When the tables turn


Where do I begin? I actually said a prayer to God about what direction I should go in and I lie to you not things have been bat sh!t crazy ever since! It all started Friday, Eden calls me an he’s in Orlando with the girlfriend. He had told me in D.C that she won a trip but he did not want to go. Blah blah blah, you went, no one can MAKE you go anywhere so cut the BS. So anyway, he’s telling me how they have been arguing since they touched down and he had gotten dropped off at the hotel because he just couldn’t stand to be around her anymore. Hence, the reason he was on the phone freely with me. I chatted with him for a while before hitting a bar with my male BFF and Kendall. I didn’t last long there either because I was home and in bed by 9.

I came into work on Saturday morning and afterwards I was meeting my mom and the kid at our church picnic. It’s sad but I had put no thought whatsoever in my outfit. For overtime, I had thrown on a tee that read “Sundae Funday” with a picture of an ice cream sundae and some tight fitted skinny jeans and sandals. Nothing spectacular whatsoever. It was just the church picnic. I got there and watched Baby Boy on the bounce houses for a bit before grabbing some fried fish and chatting with some of the younger adults.. I had moved on to Watermelon when a younger Deacon at our church asked me to do him a favor. He wanted me to pick something up so I said sure; I didn’t think anything of it. I had known him since I was school age. I wasn’t sure how old he was but it could only be maybe 5/6 years older than me, but he had always been cool none the less. So no biggie.

I sent Eden a Glide of Baby Boy eating watermelon and after a while I decided it was time for me to jet. I went to run my errand for the Deacon, and he texted me and said thanks. However, he also sent something after that tat threw me for a loop. I will get back to that.

I met my friend at a store, and went to check my Instagram since I finally had service. There was a post under one of my pictures from D.C last weekend. Eden had posted the same picture, but he was in his, and me and Baby Boy was in mines. I still thought anyone who knew us would put 2 and 2 together and be like “Are they there together?” And that’s precisely what happened. Some girl put me name, and Eden’s girlfriend name to draw both of our attention to the picture and then asked “Are you both sharing, getting played, or no one has put 2 and 2 together yet?”

I actually laughed at first. I wasn’t fazed, but Eden was about to get caught up in the worst way and I was actually curious to see how he would respond. Therefore, instead of deleting the comment I left it! A little childish? Of course I could have deaded the whole drama that would come from this but why? I had done nothing wrong. So let the games begin. I tried to call and tell him but he didn’t answer…… oh well! I figured she would see it, and either keep it to herself or confront Eden, and how he handled the situation would say a lot. Because if you don’t care, like you say you don’t you wouldn’t stress it, right?

I went back to my texts.

Deacon: Actually, on a serious note I prayed for you and everyone who helped me. You are a good person and a dern good woman Jaycee, I want you to listen to a song by the Isley Brothers when you get a chance it’s called You Deserve Better. One day when you stop running from me and you have time we will sit down and talk and I will tell you to your face why I was upset with you.

Apparently, my little errand was a big deal and helped out with something, so he had sent me a thank you text, which I of course brushed off. He had also told me he had been mad at me a while back. It didn’t take a genius to figure out he was speaking on Cam. But you know me, I can never live in the moment, everything with me has to be blown up. So, I went straight to group chat with Kendall, Wendy, and Dani and asked them what the eff did they think of the text.

Kendall: He’s brave

Wendy: Just have the talk and find out

Dani: A deacon? You pull em all huh?

They irked my nerves. I was going to meet up and talk but probably not anytime soon. I had enough mess going on. Nevertheless, I couldn’t help but think about my prayer I had asked God about, I asked to be happy, that’s it, just happy.

Meanwhile Eden called and I told him about the post, he told me make my page private and delete it, but he was really calm about it. I said no. He didn’t think his girlfriend had saw it yet because she was acting normal, and I just didn’t give a eff if she had or hadn’t. He wanted out of his relationship so bad here was your out, but I noticed he was trying to weasel his way out of it so she wouldn’t be pissed.

Eden: If it comes up, it’s just a coincidence we were in the same city at the same time.

Flatline….. I didn’t respond.

 He texted me Sunday too, asking were we good and telling me not to worry, everything was cool, she bought the coincidence line. I’m glad she did because I didn’t. I had to come to terms with the fact no one will stay where they don’t want to be. So why set myself up for a possible heartbreak. He might leave, but he might not. So I still haven’t responded to Eden and he hasn’t tried to call me either. But he’s still in Orlando, they fly home today so I’m sure he will blow my phone up as soon as he gets alone. Side chick crap!

When I woke up this morning, I did have a new text though.

Deacon: Goodnight…….. 9:52 p.m.

No comments:

Post a Comment