Tuesday, November 10, 2015

Consumations (Flashback)


Me and Eden were hot shit on campus. He had his little fan club and I had mines so together we were a force to be reckoned with.

 Manny was pissed, he tried to slide back in, like he usually did with me when I pulled away,  but it was too late.

Which now I’m surprised at, because as you all know I’m a sucker and I can’t hold a stable decision to change my life. I will always have what if moments when it comes to people coming in my life, so the 2015 Jaycee would have definitely gave Manny another shot.  But the 2004 Jaycee was not having it and  I stuck it out with Eden. You go girl!

We didn’t have the title either at this point,  but it was established basically. I only talked to him and vice versa. We did everything together, and did that whole annoying new couple routine that friends always complain about.

 Little did I know tho while Eden was chasing behind me the last year he had a lot of chicks chasing behind him and had been quite the little whore. So a whole lot of hate came my way and girls trying to make me feel insecure. To them it was why her? She’s country, she’s too skinny, she’s not even all that, etc. Heck I didn’t even know why. Some of these chicks were top notch, but I knew he wanted me for whatever reason and flaunted me around and didn’t care who knew. And that was enough for me.


“Eden you have GOT to tell me who these chicks are, I’ve got people in the canteen staring at me and rolling their eyes and then I find out its behind you! I need to know who I should be watching out for” I fussed at him one day walking into his room.


“No one, fuck them bitches, they all hoes baby girl, I had them and tossed them, now they want your spot. They made I didn’t make them my girl and they gave it up” he shrugged it off.


To him it was that simple. It was mind over matter. He said he didn’t mind, and they didn’t matter. But I did mind because these wenches were ruthless. They showed blatant disrespect. Sometimes I’d be at Eden’s apartment and it was full of people (he had 4 other roommates, they had rented a 5 bedroom house) and these girls made it their business to let me “overhear” certain things or just down right flirt with him in my face. I hadn’t had sex with Eden so they had one up on me, not that they knew that tho. But it still bothered me at times.

We made it thru fall semester of sophomore year just fine and after we survived Christmas break I figured it was time to make another move in whatever it was we were doing.

 It was February 8, 2005, I remember it was a Tuesday, go check if you don’t believe me lol, but I had some class that day, however I was laid up with Eden in his room. Some girl had just blasted thru on his phone. Back then we had these phones and I can’t remember the name of them, they were popular! You could use them like a walkie talkie too. And it would come right thru, as long as you were not on a call, and that had just happened. I knew the girl from campus and she was one of the disrespectful ones. Her and Eden had a class together and she always tried to make it seem like there was something going on with them if I was around. So of course I had went off because she shouldn’t feel that comfortable, which then meant Eden had to tell the girl off to make me feel better about it. I hopped on top of him after and decided I wanted to consummate our relationship and make this thing official. It wasn’t necessarily because of the girl it just seemed like it was time. What was I waiting for anyway?

“What about your class Jaycee?” he had asked. I loved that he had never pressed me about my decision to wait. At first I knew because it was because he was doing his own thing, but lately he had been all about me and still didn’t rush it.

“I’m skipping it” I whispered, kissing his neck. I was SO not the sexual, knows what she’s doing, type (and I’m still not honestly). That’s why y’all never see me going into details about intercourse, usually the guys the initiator, which I prefer, and I need him to be a certified freak. That’s what works for me since I get so shy. That’s what I had with Eden and everything always just flowed. Always had.

We went into a heavy round of foreplay and before I knew what was happening we were having sex. It was……………………. Perfect. I loved him right then and there. Sounds cliché, but I swear that’s how I felt. I knew right then and there at 19 and a half that he was the one. When we finished I fell down on top of him and whispered in his ear “You know you’re my boyfriend now right?”

Eden just laughed “yeah Baby girl  I know, wouldn’t have it any other way”.

3 comments: