Tuesday, November 17, 2015

Back to the Future: Wells Fargo


This is kind of lengthy but I wanted to get it all out. Since I'm a sucky blogger of course I can’t keep up with what and who I have told you about! Either way refreshers never hurt anyone right. Let’s take it back 11 months ago. I was in the bank getting money orders for Baby Boys daycare….. wait guys I did post about it! Last December! And you know what’s funny? I have on the EXACT same outfit I met him in today. Kind of creepy, but that’s a sign I should tell you. Here’s and clip of what I wrote almost a year ago about him ( its color coded so you can skip it if you remember halfway J):

I know I’m supposed to be focusing on me and leaving guys alone but things just have a way of knocking me off track. I was dead set on this new mission of mines too and I was leaving the bank last Friday. I was looking good and feeling even better. I had my hair in big loose girls and a long tight grey dress on that worked wonders for physique (because you know I’m struggling with my weight lately, dramatically of course because I’m a drama queen). Any who I had it topped off with a cute black leather blazer, and black leather boots with a heel and my huge black leather MK bag. All that black leather so I was feeling pretty Billy Bad Azz! I hoped in my car and I’m backing up an someone starts hounding on the horn.

“WTF, did I hit their darn car” I thought to myself. Cause I have been known to do that. I was about to panic and I looked behind me, the last thing I needed was another accident under my belt, my driving record sucked. A guy rolled his window down. I looked at his front bumper first to see the damage, because if it was bad I swear I was about to flee the scene! It looked fine so I rolled my window down prepping my weasel my way out of this. Such a slickster I am.

He mouthed something and I really was confused as I looked then I finally realized he was asking my name.

“You just going to keep yelling at me from your car?” I asked. He laughed and motioned to give him a minute as he parked and came out towards me. He had on construction worker clothes but he was cute nonetheless.

“Sorry, I saw you coming out the bank and I didn’t want you to get away” he started. I just stared; get to the point, “what’s your name?”

“Jaycee” Shoot, I meant to lie and say my middle name or something, caught me slipping.

“Jaycee huh? That’s cute, you’re cute, I know I sound crazy you just really caught me off guard, you are gorgeous,” he continued to stare.

He was great for my ego but for some reason I saw the sincerity. I was now glad I had decided to abort the ponytail I had been rocking the last few days and actually curl my hair.

“Thanks!” I beamed, “and you are?”

He told me his name was Wells Fargo. Well of course he didn’t say that but that’s what we are going to call him, because that’s my bank. Let’s shorten it to Wells. Me and Wells talked for about three minutes, I told him I was headed to get Baby Boy and again he went on about how I certainly didn’t look like I had ever had a child. Tell that to the scale, I wanted to say. I did end up giving him my number and I know that was probably a bad idea. I know, I know, I know but he was nice! And I hadn’t met him in a club or anything like that so I figured what if this was Mr. Right?

 

So clearly when I met him I was still tied up with Deacon’s crazy behind, then came Cam so he kind of got played to the left. But my lack of attention never swayed him. That same month me and my coworker hurried in my car from the cold headed to an office Christmas party. I was letting the car warm up when she squealed. I jumped panicking thinking someone was trying to rob us. It got dark early and I’m dramatic so my mind ran.

“You have flowers on your windshield!” she giggled. I didn’t. My coworkers didn’t know I was divorced, they still only knew Cam. Someone tapped my window and this time I squealed. It was my supervisor.

“Some guy in a big truck put those on your car about an hour ago, he had on a cap and a lot of hair, it wasn’t hubby tho” she laughed.

“And you didn’t think to tell me some stranger put something on my car, geez thanks! What if it was a crazy person?” I was irritated with her but more so him for being seen. I knew what she was thinking.

My other coworker kept asking who sent them and I played stupid. That was turn off #1.

 

Valentine’s Day was next up. I wasn’t home for whatever reason and he had come to my house once. I came home to balloons and other pleasantries on my doorstep from him. Popping up at my house: Turn off #2.

 

I remember Mother’s Day, he called me to the door at work with this gigantic balloon and flowers. It was seriously ridiculous for me not to be the mother of his kids. None the less it warmed my heart. I acted like he was the delivery guy and heard all day how awesome my husband was. #3

 I got my wisdom teeth pulled once too, and Deacons azz knew I hadn’t ate all day and still said he had to go home first before checking on me. Wells dropped off like 4 different kinds of ice cream when I said I was sick of eating applesauce and soups. He didn’t try to stay either, just dropped them off and kept it moving.

He met me and Baby Boy at a park once and some little bastards would share their basketball with my kid. I was pissed. But the next night you know who dropped off a brand new basketball for me to give him to take to the park from now on.

 My birthday was in June and you know I had a house full. I was hung over but on my car were balloons, a card, and a gift card to PF Changs he had dropped off earlier. Not so much of a turn off. But I still didn’t give him the time of day. I didn’t see why he was so interested, plus I was chasing behind Deacon and Cam back and forth, amongst others.

 

So it was no surprise when he texted me the beginning of this month. I tried my luck to see where his head was.

“Is it cold outside? I want ice cream!” I grinned, he couldn’t see me it was a text.

 

Wells: What kind?

We chatted back and forth about my favorites an right before I got off there he was with my ice cream. And he had cut his hair, before he had hair. I hated guys with hair. I had always complained about it but now it was gone and he looked………………… different. Cute even. I decided I liked it. I
’ve been texting and talking to him since then and last weekend Wendi came in town for a few days. We were out to dinner and I decided to invite him out, and to get her opinion. I introduced him and she went right in with her rude self.

“Is that a Movado?” she asked gesturing to his watch.

“Yeah it is” he rubbed his wrist and laughed.

She texted me “Impressive, those things cost” and I rolled my eyes. I wasn’t a jewelry type of gal.

We ended up all having good convo an I told him how I was paying to get my car detailed that next morning, he said he would do it so we met up for that before a hair appointment I had. I dropped Wendi off at the train station and went to get my hair done, which took hours. It was midnight when I left out the shop and what’s on my car? Flowers!

This past weekend I decided to try him one on one.

So Saturday I’m at my moms and baby Boy is harassing  us about playing catch with him. Its super dark outside and cold so I keep telling him no. Then I get a bright idea. Wells is on the phone so I’m like “Come play catch with Baby Boy!” I think it’s safe because my best friend is on her way over so it’s not just us there with my son. And he came and actually played….. ok Wells!

Sunday he came over that morning and trained me (he’s into fitness and well I’m not), we worked out with him leading me and I was purely pissed that he wasn’t cutting me any slack. After we finished I showered and Kendall came to get me to go to a drag show brunch. Afterwards he asked if he could take me and Baby Boy out for ice cream, so we went and then we went to some kiddie store to play.

 

Monday (yesterday) I was off and he texted me around noon and asked if I wanted catch a movie before his class? So we went to a midday movie it was cute, he growing on me guys.

2 comments: