Wednesday, April 22, 2015

Status Checks


Deacon’s car was not there. Bittersweet. I was in that 50/50 place where I wanted to see him, but just to make sure he was okay then I could be angry again. Didn’t take long either. I stayed in bed all day after church. I started my “30 day diet” and I do not know if that had me in a rut or the lack of sleep. However, sleep was the cure so I stuck with that all day.

My phone woke me up and it was Derek. That made me smile.

“You stood me up!” I yawned into the phone.

“No you fell asleep, I called you and texted you, I couldn’t come with no address babe” he told me, which was true. We yapped about sweet nothings for about an hour before I told him I was going back to bed. Cam told me he was not bringing Baby Boy back until the morning and would just take him straight to school. I had taken off the next day so that was perfect I could sleep in. I slept clean till Monday afternoon. I decided I should probably wash and attempt to brush my teeth, if I had any kind of decency left in me.

I fixed my Vanilla protein shake after that and groaned as I gulped it down. It wasn’t all that good, kind of gritty but not terrible. I make some meal preps for work for the week and cut on “On Demand” to watch a movie. I decided on “21 Jump Street” which starred Channing Tatum and Jonah Hill. It made me laugh a few times and by the time it finished it was time for me to get Baby Boy. My mom hadn’t seen him in a week so she had asked to keep him when he got back in town, I packed him a overnight bag, picked him up, and headed to her house. I hung out there for a few catching up, and that’s when she bought up Deacon.

“Deacon texted me and asked how I was” she said not knowing of our current state.

I was semi pissed, glad he had texted her because now I knew he was capable of communicating, but now officially pissed that he was blatantly ignoring me.

“That’s cool we aren’t speaking” I told her and changed the subject.

After making sure Baby Boy was squared away I then raced home so I could catch “Love and Hip Hop ATL” premiere. Yes, I am a sucker for reality TV. I couldn’t even focus on it though because I had so many thought rambling in my head.

Deacon had some nerve, he did that on purpose, check on your own mom not mines. I took my mind off it when a text came thru from my HR connect at a job I had applied for. This was far more important anyway.

HR: They sent a recommendation to your manager check on that ASAP.

WTF! She probably wouldn’t recommend me, I didn’t know they were even involved. That ended and ruined the night for me, and Tuesday morning after that awful protein shake I hurried in and sent an email to my manager asking if she had gotten a recommendation request for me.

After making me wait half the day, she told me she had received it and returned it last week. That wasn’t telling me jack diddly squat. I was irritated by now. I sent her another email asking if she recommended me or not (after I found out I had the right to know, at first I was scared she might say “None of your business”). No response again. Finally near the end of the day I opened up an instant message from her.

Manager: Jaycee, I received your request, we should talk in person about the recommendation request and my response.

OMG! That couldn’t be good…………………… could it? L

3 comments:

  1. oh gosh... so what happened????

    ReplyDelete
  2. Where did you go?

    ReplyDelete
  3. i forgot about this for a while since i am on blogger and not that other site to follow blogs and you do not have the blogger follow button but where are you?

    ReplyDelete