Tuesday, April 21, 2015

Stalker-ish?


I skipped out of work on Friday. My friends and I were having a sleepover for all of our kids. It sounded fun at first but when I got to the house we had rented, and took in all the kids and their friends, I knew it would be a long night. The house had an indoor pool and that was first up. I designated to handle that. Bad idea (I can’t swim) so that tells you the genius’s I was with! Just kidding. We had a lifeguard on deck as well. We did the pool thing for about an hour, then snacks and games, and then the gym. I tapped out somewhere in between then, I posted some pics on social media and noticed it was 3 a.m. and they ALL were wide-awake. Even my kid. I woke back up and it was 5 a.m., Cam had showed up to pick up Baby Boy because I had to be at work by 7 a.m. for OT. I got him together then helped the rest of the kids get their things together and was on my way.

The only way to describe my weekend from there is PURE DEATH!! I only did 2 hours at work, then went home to shower (fell asleep standing up) and meet Kendall at Picture People for her bi-weekly maternity pics. Yes, she takes them every time they have a deal -_-. We went to have lunch at Fridays after.

“What are you wearing to the party?” she asked.

I yawned “What party?”

“Jaycee, seriously, the surprise party tonight for Michelle’s 30th” she rolled her eyes at me.

I frowned my face up and groaned, I was so tired “Actually I forgot all about it, I had all intentions of going home and calling it a night, but I HAVE to go, she always supports my events”.

Michelle was my middle/high school friend. We were not as close as we were when we were younger, but we showed up to each other things still. We wrapped up our meal and I promised Kendall I would meet her at her house to ride to the party together. It was already after four and we had to be there BY 6 p.m. I raced home and the outfit I picked out in my head looked God awful. I was currently weighing in at 134 and I Hated it. I was a 120 lbs. kind of girl. While I was shapelier and got compliments on my new weight, it also came with the stomach pudge and love handles. I tried on 3 more dressed and none covered up my “new body”.

“Eff this” I threw the dresses in a pile. Tomorrow I was going to start my 30 day Arbonne shake deal. It was a protein shake for breakfast, a balanced lunch, and then a veggie and fruit shake for dinner. I looked at my shape in my body length mirror and decided this time (the millionth) I WAS going to stick with it and hopefully drop 14 lbs.

I found some boot cut jeans and a flowy top. I dressed it up with heels, accessories, and one of my designer bags, and pulled my hair into a topknot bun. My flowy top showed side boobs, it was super cute, and it hid my belly (double win). I glanced at it again to make sure it was not too revealing and decided I was ok. I looked at the clock: 5:41 p.m. Whelp, no time to meet Kendall at her place. I told her I would meet her at the party instead and raced out the door. I beat her there and watched people parade in, I was glad I opted for a more casual look then my dresses. I would have been TOO dressed up.

We made it in by 6 and I was bored. The Birthday girl did not come until an hour and a half later and I did have a little fun dancing and posting group flicks and seeing some old friends. By 9p.m I was telling my goodbyes. Tish was there too and a few of my other close friends. I pulled Tish to the side.

“We need to do a drive by” I whispered.

“On whom?” she looked genuinely confused.

“Deacon, I haven’t spoken to him since Tuesday, I gave this big text speech on how his plate was full and there was no room for me, and he just never responded” I filled her in.

Taye sighed but nodded ok. We agreed she would meet me at my house when she left the party and 30 minutes later, I hear her outside blowing her horn. Rude wench it was 10 p.m. people were sleeping I’m sure!

“I’m sick of this negro!” Taye started “Why the fuck is he not answering the phone and shit? He is too old for this bullshit, and I don’t know why you even bother with his ass anymore.”

It was best for me to stay silent. I gave her directions as she ranted and finally we were at his house. I couldn’t tell if he was home and in bed or gone. He had a garage so his car could’ve been in there.

“Now what?” Taye asked.

“We can go” I said glumly, this had down nothing for my curiosity.

“The fuck we can, I’m going to knock on the door!” she threw the car in park.

I literally screamed guys “NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!! Tish you CANT! OMG no, you know how crazy that will look?”

She laughed “Jaycee calm down, its not crazy, we will knock he’s going to answer, then you can ask why the hell he’s ignoring you after you see he’s ok, cause we both know he’s ok”

I knew nothing was wrong with his behind. Just like, he knew how I felt about being ignored. We finally drove off and I asked her to take me to Wal-Mart, so I could get the things I needed for my 30 day thingy. We were super cute in there at 11 p.m. with my cart and we both were on an “Eff guys” high. We checked out and sat in the car in front of my house for another hour just talking and venting.

“What ever happened to Derek?” Taye asked.

“Let’s call him, he’s still around!” I perked up. Derek was always a mood lifter.

I was so disoriented from my lack of sleep at this point that I was being super silly and Derek immediately thought I was drunk.

“Drive down here” I pleaded.

“That’s a 4 hour drive babe” he told me.

“So?” I slurred back.

“OK, let me go grab some things and I’ll hop on the road” I didn’t believe him but I accepted his answer, told Tish goodnight, and took my things inside. In less than 10 minutes I was snoring.

I woke up to my alarm the next morning; I wanted to go to early service at church to avoid seeing Deacon (the tables had turned that quick). *I went from semi stalking him to wanted to avoid him if possible.

 I checked my phone, Derek had called and texted last night. He was actually going to come! That was sweet, but honestly I needed that sleep. I decided I’d call him back after church and I hopped in the shower and raced to church. I pulled up in record time and…………………… my heart sank.

2 comments:

  1. you are getting dante and derek mixed up again. probably because you try not to use real names so it may be hard getting them together. LOL

    ReplyDelete
  2. I meant Derik lol hes the one that matters lol Dante can kick rocks!

    ReplyDelete